Welcome to week two of Branding Month here on SPI! This week we’re talking about personal branding. One of the most common questions I get asked is, “Should I create a personal brand?” Today we’ll be exploring the pros and cons in depth.
What is a personal brand? Should you have one? In a sense, I think that everyone should have a personal brand. I’ll explain what I mean by that, but first it’s important to understand why you’re starting out and where you want to go. There are some questions you should ask yourself before you start, because there are definitely pros and cons to starting a personal brand. And there isn’t a one-size-fits-all solution to how you run your personal brand; you have to decide what works best for you and your business. In this episode, I’ll be breaking down an exercise from my book, Will It Fly?, that will help you understand what direction to go in. I’ll also explore the different definitions of personal brands, the roadblocks you might have, tips for success, and examples of different, successful personal brands. This episode is full of advice for helping you start you own personal brand journey. Listen carefully and enjoy!
Thanks for Listening!
To share your thoughts:
- Leave a note in the comment section below.
- Ask a question over on AskPat.com.
- Share this show on Twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest.
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one.
- Subscribe on iTunes or download our mobile app.
Download the Transcript
Read through the whole episode, from start to finish.
Download the MP3 Audio File
Listen to the episode however you like with the audio file.
- Why it’s critical to understand where your brand is heading.
- The different definitions of personal branding and how JAY-Z sums it up.
- Why we should all have a personal brand (and what I mean by that).
- The question you should answer before you move forward with your personal brand.
- The pros and cons of having a personal brand.
- Why being personable and vulnerable helps your audience connect with you.
- The weird math we do when it comes to negativity.
- Personal branding success stories, and more!
- WP WishList
- Smart Passive Income Podcast Episode 285: Accidental Entrepreneurship and Design Commerce with Jeff Sheldon from Ugmonk.com
- SPI 181: From Welfare to Nearly $1 Million with Kimra Luna
If you’re struggling to get your business off the ground, Kimra’s course, Be True Brand You, is for you. Kimra will teach you to brand yourself so you can’t be ignored and write the kind of copy that gets you noticed and gets you paid. And, you’ll learn how to scale your business so you can earn more while working less.